Thursday, April 28, 2005

Men who have Gone before

Maybe if all i do in this blog is get out of the for truth that has come before to speak, it will be worth it. C.S. Lewis wrote this about his experiences involving his mothers death at a young age, and how it shook him like lightning. His first religious experience came in approach God with respect to the imminent death of his mother.

"I had approached God, or my idea of God, without love, without awe, even without fear. He was, in my mental picture of this miracle, to appear as neither Savior nor as Judge, but merely as a magician; and when He had done what was required of Him I supposed He would simply-well go away. It never crossed my mind that the tremendous contact which I solicited should have any consequences beyond restoring the status quo"

What a concept, namely that 87% of the American christian population, of which i considered myself until i was actually touched by Christ, considers this picture of God. He is some magician, subject to our list of demands, on our timetables.

May the maker of all that is beautiful, just, right, satisfying, and loving entice me with Himself, and may i be subject to his beckon alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home