Sunday, November 13, 2005

Why is it so hard to want to be wanted?


Let me phrase that question differently... Why is it so hard to want to fall into the arms of a love and desire that promises to sustain and satisfy. If i don't feel a desire to leap into a canyon full of promises yet fulfilled what do i do then? If all of my struggles and strivings stem from an inaccurate view of intimacy how do i then lean the right understanding of intimacy?

There is a sharp distinction to be made bewteen trusting God and pleasing God that is for sure. One by willpower tries to earn the approval, smile, delight of a being who is so perfectly containing everyhing beautiful that your attempts are like filthy blood-stained mentsruel rags (See Ezekiel 36:17). The other acknowledges that Christ can't love me more than he already does because i have been washed in the blood of his sacrifice. I can do nothing to escape that fact even if by willpower ignore/deny every day. Trusting God for what he already says about me and what he says to me IS the battle. Uncovering the truth about who i am already is harder a mystery than interpreting whether light exists in waves or particles.

If what the Scriptures are true, that God is a jealous lover of me, even after the fall, why is it so hard to realize that truth. I certainly don't have to be qualified before he chases after me, bc there is nothing i can do beforehand to qualify myself. But certainly the same must hold true for after the fact as well. How do i walk into the Truth that God is head-over heels in love with me? shouldn't that reality change me to long, worship, desire, return the love shown to me. I know love because he FIRST loved me. This vaccuum of neither returning love nor feeling qualified is driving me crazy.

I want to feel and know the reality that scripture claims that Christ is a jealous lover of me who pursued me unto death, but when it doesn't feel that way how do i act? What if i have never felt that, does that make it any less true? Shouldn't truth be truth because it is somehow applicable to our lives. My musings need direction....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home