Sunday, November 13, 2005

Grace Poem

I wrote this on a very dark night...

Grace

Again I fall
Flat on my face
Wondering how this place
Appears so similar

The feeling of losing it all
Begins to settle on my soul
Darkness through every orifice crawls
Asking only for one more taste

Like Eve ive been deceived by
This king of the air this thieve…
Who adorns flesh
Torn from those who’ve given up before

Still I stand on sand that sinks
Praying my name remains in permenant ink
I hear that my duty is delight
But on this night all that echoes is the might of frustration

I remember the sweet voice of the one who calls
Whom alone has the power to draw the blinds of the soul
Only my sin has deafened his beckon
And my stubbornness feeds his withdrawl

People spotlight me for answers as I
Teem with only more questions…more chances
To fall, stumble, cry, and be humbled

He will come like a thief in the night
To take away this agony this fight.
I long for the fullness of joy I seek so dearly
And pray for the day when I may see it clearly

Christ to you alone my sin I give
Banking on your promise to forgive
I am not perfect not by a longshot
But in you lies the armor to stop this onslought

As the Father loves you so you love me
Daily, fervently, passionately
To drink and taste of that sweet melody
One must cast aside the sin that so easily entangles me

Help, come, purify
Stand, fight, come inside

May I seek to boast only in the cross that can save me
Not in the dross that plagues and belays me

Now to whom glory and honor continually cede
Comfort my soul and be my reprieve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home