Friday, November 18, 2005

Armchair Poetry is the best kind


So tell em what you think

3 seconds of darkness


For 3 seconds I wait for numbness set it
It can delay truth as long as you want.
Help yourself to the buffet of destruction.

Only here can let-down and wanton mix for 3 seconds
Only here titan forces pull desire till its frayed from wear
Only here, one, two, three

Volition and fate are both reigned in
How do I pretend to be more than that
For 3 seconds I am not.
I am only the sum of deception plus opportunity

Shouldn’t the well be less tasty in the face of its own barrenness?
Can one look at a grave and desire to jump in?
Can an empty room want mere filler?
Can 3 seconds draw away all of a fixed reality

“Not again”s blur the focus
Willpower breeds more discontent
How do I escape those 3 seconds

How does 3 seconds mimic satisfaction so well
Each bell I come running in true pavlovian fashion
1 second to blink
2 more to retreat

3 seconds or infinity which is longer
my will or your grace which is stronger

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home