Sunday, February 05, 2006

Abre Los Ojos



"Open Your Eyes" is the rough translation of the vanilla sky predecessor. This was a spanish film that has the exact story line of the american verison and as a cherry on top starred penelope cruz as well. What is interesting to me is the concept that there are certain realities that exist in life i will never percieve in life unless i open my eyes.

Let me give you an example... Last night i went to bed relatively early around 11 and spent about 10 hours asleep. I can remember that i had so many unbelieveable adventuresome dreams and experiences i almost have to trick my brain now into thinking they were merely dreams. I wonder why God allowed us to experience dreams as so unbelieveably real as to struggle with differentiating between realities? Why did God even allow us to dream at all? I am more oft than not frustrated when i wake up because my own life doesn't make room for the adventure and excitement that my dreams frequently offer.

Maybe the indictment is upon my own failure to fully accept the adventure of Christ to embrace a rich-young-ruler-live-by-faith-not-security lifestyle. But then again how many individuals do you know that really live that kind of lifestyle. I don't want to resign my optimism yet, but mediocrity and boredom seep in everywhere i look. I must open my eyes to the realities that these are built-in deceptive measures to keep me from the inspiring beauty of Christ. I have to believe that at all costs...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home